And so 2017 has reached its end. At times I have found it a difficult year, but there have been many positives too.
On the writing front, I had a handful of pieces published - enough to remind me what a thrill it is to be acknowledged in print and online - enough to spur me on to want to achieve more in 2018.
- 1 short story in Ireland’s Own
- 2 poems in Yours
- 3 shout-outs in Mslexia and Writing Magazine
- 4 news items in Writers’ Forum (winning a free subscription)
- 5 pieces of Flash on Paragraph Planet
- 11 letters in various magazines, including the iconic The Lady
I’ve done things too. I’ve been places. I’ve met people.
- I read at my first Open Mic night
- I met up with three (previously online only) writing buddies
- I had a three week tour of the UK which I used as a personal writing retreat, blogging daily about my journey, including three nights at the beautiful Gladstone Library and another three in glorious Hay on Wye, and a visit to Dylan Thomas’ boat house
- I went to the Writers’ Holiday in Fishguard and made new writing friends there
On reflection it hasn’t been such a bad year. I hope to achieve even more in 2018. I shan’t set any specific goals or targets, but this time next year maybe I will be able to report yet more positive writing news.
Thank you to all those who have supported me with words of encouragement along the way. Happy New Year to you all. I hope that 2018 will bring you every happiness and joy.