Tuesday 22 December 2015

Bea-ing Quizzical



I’ve just finished compiling a quiz for the family to do on Boxing Day while we wait for our main course to digest and before we start on pudding. Mine is in the form of an acrostic and uses my youngest granddaughter’s name as the key. It will be her 9th birthday on 26 December. The year she was born proved to be a very exciting Christmas for the whole family, particularly because she was not expected for another three weeks.



“A Child is Born” is the title of my short story published in the current edition of The Weekly News. It is unashamedly a Christmas story, a reworking of the traditional nativity story transposed to 2015. Doctor Inman (see what I did there?) struggles to find room for a young pregnant mother at the busy A&E hospital. The baby is then visited by night watchmen, and by rich dignitaries in chauffeur driven limousines. My story ends with a quizzical Dr Inman shaking his head in bewilderment.

I wish you a wonderful Christmas in whatever you do.

6 comments:

  1. You can't put a good story down Beatrice, so we'll done in coming up with a modern twist. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're having a lovely Christmas, Beatrice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patsy. You too, touring Ireland in your van. Great idea to get away from the melee.
      (Hee hee, autocorrect just tried to trick me into saying it was a great idea to get away from the male!)

      Delete
  3. Well done on the acceptance and I love the Christmas story. Xx

    ReplyDelete