|The People's Friend, 02 January 2016|
This is a good time for me to review my 2015 writing year. I have just completed the tally and find that I have had a total of 41 pieces of writing published. They range through a variety of styles and formats: short stories and non-fiction articles; flash fiction and poetry; news items and readers’ letters. I would like there to have been more short stories and articles but on the whole I am satisfied with what I have achieved.
So, what about 2016? No specifics as to number of submissions, or hours per day at my desk, but generally:
The following are within my control, therefore I resolve to:
· write and submit regularly. Nothing can be published if it is not first submitted.
· take gentle exercise each day, even if only a fifteen minute walk with Henry, the arthritic spaniel.
Not within my power to achieve, but nevertheless none of these will happen without input from me, I would like:
· to sell my first short story to Take A Break Fiction Feast
· to sell my children’s book, “The ABC Playgroup”
· to find and join a local writing group
So there you have it. I am resolved!
Happy New Year to everyone!